Sunday, January 14, 2007

Vegas

3-19-'06 I've got nine dollars in the bank, maybe. That's not enough to even access, multiples of twenty mutherfuckers. I've got two dollars cash and some nickles in my pocket. I've got 19 smokes, chapped lips, dirty old shoes, and a beautiful suite at the Venetian.
3-15-'06 I love to go to Vegas for March Madness with my pal Joey Blackchip. Hell, I love to go to Vegas with my buddy Joe any time of year, but basketball tourney time holds a special place in my underwear. The drunken joy begins at KCI, in a bar, then moves to the gate, then onto the plane and through the sky over mountains and deserts with nuts. "Folks , if you can look out your window, there's the Grand Canyon." The Mizzou fans are there, in the air, they are dicks. There's a bookie and a Pimp. There's a fratboy with his mom. Businessfolk with kinky intentions. Everybody's gettin' liquored and loose. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Thank you for flying Southwest, and don't pay to see the midget Kiss band. We should be landing in about fifteen minutes. Oh, and Fester, don't blow it all in the first two days, try getting some sleep this trip, you dumbass. Thanks again."
I'm a die-hard Kansas fan, and this year our team is loaded with talent. They're young and turnover prone, but seem to improve every game. "We" smoked Texas in the Big12 championship, and I see no reason why we shouldn't make it to the Final Four and possibly take the whole potatah.
Our flight left KCI at 5:50 pmish, so we got out of Lawrence around 3. I hauled ass this morning, trying to get everything done at work and gather cash for the trip. We're gonna be there for five nights. If I start with a thousand, that allows me 200 a day to invest.
If I spend Twenty at KCI, Ten on the plane, Forty at McCaren, Twenty on a cab, Sixty in the lobby while Joe is checking us in, my budget needs adjustment. Do I adjust? Hell no! Oh look, there's one of those Fuckin' Fucker machines. I'm just gonna stick some money in it and...OK, let's go see the room.
Spend and drink and spend and drink and spend and drink and gamble
Spend and drink and spend and drink and spend and drink and Bradley
Drink and drink and piss myself, then drink some more and gamble
Drink and drink and drink 'til I can barely fucking amble

There is winning to be done

No comments: