Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vacation '08

The flight was fine. I had a pile of crossword puzzles, my Puck water , and a window. It wasn't bumpy. The babies weren't screaming. ( I had screaming babies in front of me for the return trip.) The crew was pleasant. The Captain was funny. He took us straight there.
Over the mountains and canyons at night it's dang dark. Then some lights appear - a truckstop?, a town, a little city. The dots become patches. The patches grow larger as we head wester. They're making a quilt from our money. We're donating light bulbs. I'm willing to give a thousand one-dollar four-packs this time out. I'd rather do some winning.
The lights go sparse near the last mountain, then BOOM , there it is. A vast expanse of troubles and trauma, a place not to be with your wife, girl , or Mama - Las Vegas.

No comments: