Thursday, March 27, 2008

Landing

Being in row 20? , I was one of the last travelers to exit the jet. I grabbed my tiny-rolly suitcase out of the overhead compartment. It contained 6 underwears, 14 socks, 2 jeanses, 1 pajama pants, 2 sweatshirts, 3 nutbars, 6 shirts, toothbrush, tiny toothpaste, BOderant, lip balm, visine, 3 Sunny Orange Robitussin coughdrops, my Norelco Reflex Plus shaving machine and power cord, phone charger, 2 old El Cortez $5 chips, and 7 Q-tips.
I did not gamble in the airport, for the first time ever. I have won at the airport. I have lost at the airport.
The cab line was long. Most people were wearing their college gear. I had a KANSAS on me. A Kent State fan announced his intention for his team to kick my team's ass on Saturday. "Hello", I said.
The cab line was on a space of ground measuring 40? yards by eight? yards. Us people would enter the course and inch our ways 40 yards, turn and come back. So , I met up with Kent State guy again. This time , his two buddies had joined him in line. " You're going down kansas! " The line isn't moving real fast, so I'm stuck with these guys for 20 or 30 seconds. Drunks can talk a lot of smack in 20 seconds. With the insults and sport threats delivered, subsequent encounters grew chummier. Hi-fives, handshakes, " Have a good trip ". Kent State got smoked by UNLV.

No comments: