Wednesday, April 2, 2008

no room, no plan

Across the room from the desk of no Rooms sat a bar with some stools for the fools such as I for to sit and to sip, maybe quip, join the ship. Sit right back, and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, That started when I should have made a reservation at the hotel. What a dumbass!
Here's me with my bag, a day early, tired yet wired, thirsty for settlement. I'm hungry for money. I'm homeless at home.
Many of the bars in Vegas have video poker machines implanted in the bartop. Whatcha do is, put a five or a ten or a twenty in that deal to get your FREE drinks. So, I sat down and had a forty-dollar New Castle. The Desklady saw me sittin' there and came over after a while and said that if someone's credit card is declined, I could get a room. Glum to glee. I'll just wait. It will happen. The economy is strong. And I started winning, ding dingding, full house, dingding ding, four kings. I can smile easier.
The emotional swing is a thing when ding will not sing.

No comments: