Friday, April 4, 2008

400

There are many varieties of video poker. The different games have different payouts , and that should affect, or in my case - infect, the player's strategy. You got your old-timey Jacks or Better, Bonus Poker, Dueces Wild, Joker Poker, Double Bonus, Double Double Bonus, blah blah and blah. There is something new every time I go out there. Super Triple - Got Ya By The Nipple Poker. There are also old games that are new to me. I try most of them , all day, every day. I have the Bob Dancer Win Poker computer program at home, to practice for no money. I'm down about 45,000 fake quarters.
I've grown fond of a game called Bonus Poker Deluxe. Any four-of-a-kind pays 400 credits on a 5 credit bet. 5 quarters become $100 and $5 gets you $400. No problem, until you are dealt a full house , which pays about 40 credits. Do I dump the ten bucks at a chance for a hundred? Sometimes. Does it work? sometimes, not very often. I usually need that ten bucks to keep the action rolling and the FREE drinks flowing.
In and down and down and up and down and down and where is that bartender? and down and down and down and up and whew- 4 eights.

No comments: