Sunday, July 8, 2007

Here's a weekend

Baldwin twice, two Hooter's, Topeka and KCK, a Sam's in Lenexa, the Radisson, "dammit, I'm not gonna make it to Kallipalooza on time"
I emptied a truckbed then high-tailed it north to get beer for the dogs and the gators.
Oh, what a show, it went well, I got schnockered. Too drunk to drive, I slept down the street at the studio hotter than fuck. I woke up drenched at 8 and stumbled up the alleys to the van and motored home to sleep for real in the cool until 3. Tonight is the Bob Dylan deal at the Gaslight. I play at 11. I hadn't answered my phone all day and Kalli was worried and too she was hurting.
Our buddy Stu lost his bar and he's losing his life. I got there too late, they were closed.
Kalli went to the LMH ER by herself and they sent her on to St. Lukes. I'm getting ready to play my guitar, and I used to wear short Daisy Dukes.
I drank me some beers, then I wow-ed me some folks , then I took off to sleep with the beagle. We loved on the cats and we had us some snacks, we did nothing considered illegal.
Sunday morning found Kalli released from St. Lukes as my dad checked in. Oy

1 comment:

Megan Stuke said...

You sure are a wordsmith, my friend.